AU is the DOE’s central organization responsible for health, safety, environment, and security; providing corporate-level leadership and strategic vision to coordinate and integrate these vital programs. AU is responsible for policy development and technical assistance; safety analysis; and corporate safety and security programs. The Associate Under Secretary for Environment, Health, Safety and Security advises DOE Senior Leadership on all matters related to environment, health, safety and security across the complex.
On May 5, 2014 the Office of the Associate Under Secretary for Environment, Health, Safety and Security (AU) was established within the Office of the Under Secretary for Management and Performance to strengthen the effectiveness and efficiency of primary mission-support organizations of the Department and institute enterprise-wide solutions to common challenges across the complex.
- AU Functional Area Points of Contact
- AU Office Mission and Functions
- Environment, Health Safety & Security
- Office of Classification
- Office of Corporate Security Strategy
- Office of Departmental Representative to DNFSB
- Office of Environmental Protection and ES&H Reporting
- Office Headquarters Security Operations
- Office of Health and Safety
- Office of Nuclear Safety
- Office of Resource Management
- Office of Security
- Organizational chart
- News Archive