By E-mail:

You can send an email to the Secretary of Energy at

By Phone:

202-586-5000 (Main Switchboard)

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability, use 7-1-1 to access Text Telephone (TTY) Telecommunications Access Services                      

By Fax:


*By Mail:

U.S. Department of Energy
1000 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20585

*Please note: mail may take up to 3 weeks to arrive.  As such, we strongly encourage you to use the email address provided above or the form provided below.

Media Inquiries:

Contact the Office of Public Affairs at (202) 586-4940 or

Recovery Act Inquiries:

Please direct your questions to the Oak Ridge Clearinghouse at 1-877-496-2310, and select Option 4. If you wish to correspond by email, please use the address

Homeowner and consumer inquiries:

Visit Energy Saver's contact form to submit questions and comments about saving energy at home.

Use the form below to provide your comments, concerns, questions, or suggestions about the Department of Energy to the Secretary. Your comments will be sent to

Do you want a reply
How should we respond?
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.