View the Department's Congressional budget justification and supporting documents since FY 2005.
These reports demonstrate the Department's accountability to ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental, and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.
- Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- National Nuclear Security Administration
- Office of Science, Committees of Visitors
- Inspector General
- Annual Performance Reports
- conducting energy-related research and development and the management and protection of key assets—such as the Strategic Petroleum Reserve—that are vital to the nation’s energy and national security;
- maintaining the safety, reliability, and physical and information security of the nation’s nuclear weapons stockpile in the absence of clear Department of Defense requirements and with an inefficient and outmoded nuclear weapons complex;
- sustaining the relevance and effectiveness of DOE’s nonproliferation efforts;
- addressing the continued and related problems of DOE’s contract administration and project management, especially for DOE’s large and complex projects; and
- addressing the department’s human capital challenge of developing and retaining a skilled workforce capable of overseeing these projects.