These resources offer helpful information about structuring sound UESC projects with sustained savings.
- Utility Energy Service Contracts Guide: Key resource for acquisition teams developing UESCs includes a compilation of samples and templates to help contracting officers implement task orders under existing U.S. General Services Administration areawide contracts.
- Performance Assurance Planning: Includes protocol and templates for emphasizing sustained performance to ensure projected savings are realized in a UESC.
- UESC Project Development Report Template: Provides resources to discuss project priorities and objectives, establish deliverables and expectations, and negotiate and document agreed-upon scope and pricing for each deliverable.
- UESCs: Enabling Documents: Presents legislative, executive, and agency mandates and legal opinions regarding UESCs and energy improvements in federal facilities.
- UESC Lessons Learned: Describes recommended best practices generated by a growing group of innovative energy managers across multiple successful projects.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Offers answers to frequently asked questions about federal UESCs.
- FEMP Utility Team Utility Energy Service Contract Scope of Support: Outlines activities and services offered by the Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) utility team.
Are you a utility wondering how to launch a UESC program for your federal customers? FEMP's Utility Toolkit addresses the preliminary steps to prepare your stakeholders for UESCs. Starting a UESC program for your customers can involve a lot of behind-the-scenes preparation with internal utility stakeholders and resources. The toolkit addresses many aspects of planning, development, and marketing of a new UESC program and covers topics from a utility perspective that will prepare you to offer a successful UESC incentive.
Phase 1: Acquisition Planning
Documents, templates, and guidance for phase 1 of the UESC process.
- Utility Energy Service Contract Planning and Document Development Checklist
- Limited Acquisition Plan—Template
- Diversifying Project Portfolios for Utility Energy Service Contracts
- Cybersecurity Considerations for Performance Contracts
Phase 2: Utility Selection and Preliminary Assessment
Documents, templates, and guidance for phase 2 of the UESC process.
- Letter of Interest to Serving Utilities—Template
- Utility Selection Evaluation Factors—Sample
- Utility Selection Letter—Template
Preliminary Assessment (PA)
- Procuring Energy Management Services with the GSA Areawide Contract
- Letter of Request for PA—Template
- PA SOW—Template
Phase 3: Project Development
Documents, templates, and guidance for phase 3 of the UESC process.
Investment Grade Audit (IGA)
Task Order Development and Award
- FAR Clauses for UESCs
- Letter Requesting an FFP Offer for D&I—Template
- Business Clearance Memorandum—Sample
- Standard Form 26—Sample
- TO for D&I—Sample
Performance Assurance Planning
- Performance Assurance Considerations for Task Order Language
- Performance Assurance Plan—Format
- Performance Assurance Protocol—Template
Establishing Escalation Rates for Financed Projects
- Guidance on Utility Rate Estimations and Weather Normalization in Performance Contracts
- Energy Escalation Rate Calculator
- Escalation Rates in Energy Savings Performance Contracts
- Energy Price Indices and Discount Factors for Life-Cycle Cost Analysis: Annual Supplement to NIST Handbook 135
Proposal Review: Task Order Financial Schedules
Phase 4: Project Implementation and Construction
Documents, templates, and guidance for phase 4 of the UESC process.
- ECM Performance Verification Checklist—Sample
- Performance Assurance Plan—Training Format
- Letter of Final Acceptance—Template
- UESC Project Reporting—Template
Phase 5: Post-Acceptance Performance
Documents, templates, and guidance for phase 5 of the UESC process.