Virtual Center of Expertise
The UESC Virtual Center of Expertise helps federal agencies and utilities significantly streamline the UESC implementation process and access the resources and expertise needed to overcome project barriers. The center provides project teams with FEMP points of contact and maintains a list of agency, utility, and financing experts willing to assist their peers with project implementation based on their own experiences. It also offers sample documents and templates necessary for UESC implementation.
FEMP maintains a list of volunteer contacts from agencies and utilities who serve as references to UESC inquiries. These points of contacts are available to provide support for contracts, technical services, and regulations in UESC project implementation.
- Utility Energy Service Contracts Guide: Compilation of samples and templates to help contracting officers implement task orders for UESCs under existing U.S. General Services Administration areawide contracts.
- Utility Energy Service Contracts: Enabling Documents: Provides legislative, executive, and agency mandates and legal opinions regarding UESCs and energy improvements in federal facilities.
- Performance Assurance Planning for UESCs: Protocol and templates for emphasizing sustained performance to help ensure projected savings are realized in a UESC.
- UESC Project Development Report Template: Resources to discuss project priorities and objectives, establish deliverables and expectations, and negotiate and document agreed-upon scope and pricing for each deliverable.
- Utility Partnerships Program Overview: Learn about how federal agencies can develop effective partnerships with local serving utilities to meet energy-efficiency, renewable energy, and water-conservation goals.
- Utility Energy Service Contracts: Lessons Learned: Recommended best practices generated by a growing group of innovative energy managers across multiple successful projects.