The 2021 award application period has closed. See the 2021 Housing Innovation Award Winners here.
The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Housing Innovation Awards recognize the very best in innovation on the path to Zero Energy Ready Homes. Housing Innovation Award winners are selected for each of five categories: custom buyer, custom spec, production, multifamily, and affordable homes. One Grand Award Winner will be announced from among the winners in each of these categories at the Housing Innovation Awards ceremony.
The 2021 Housing Innovation Awards ceremony will be held virtually and in conjunction with the EEBA High Performance Home Summit, September 14th-16th in Denver, CO. It has yet to be determined whether the awards ceremony will be an in-person, virtual, or hybrid event and more information will follow as we get further into the 2021 awards season.
Winners receive the following:
- Recognition at the Housing Innovation Awards ceremony.
- HIA winner plaque for all winners and a crystal trophy for grand winners presented at the award ceremony.
- A poster of your winning home displayed throughout the EEBA conference the highlights images of the home, performance features, testimonials, and innovative technologies that make the home special. You will also receive a digital copy.
- Professional photographs of you or your company representative receiving the award from DOE.
- Recognition in a DOE press alert informing national media about the Housing Innovation Awards.
- Pre-approved messaging from DOE for use local press releases and media.
- A page featuring your award-winning home on the DOE Tour of Zero.
- Listing on the DOE Housing Innovation Awards webpage.
- Special recognition on the DOE Zero Energy Ready Home Partner Locator.
For more information on the awards and application process, see our 2021 Housing Innovation Awards Informational Webinar.