NNSA Administrator to give keynote address
WASHINGTON – The Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) will participate in the Nuclear Deterrence Summit starting from the pre-conference workshop Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2024, to the conclusion of the event Friday, Feb. 2, 2024.
NNSA has a significant presence in the Nuclear Deterrence Summit with featured speakers and panelists providing the latest updates on the agency’s work in maintaining the nuclear stockpile, stopping proliferation, and building and maintaining the infrastructure of the Nuclear Security Enterprise.
This year the Nuclear Deterrence Summit will take place at The Westin Washington in Downtown DC. Jill Hruby, Under Secretary for Nuclear Security and NNSA Administrator, will deliver the keynote address on Thursday, February 1. Other speakers at this year's summit include:
- James McConnell, NNSA Associate Principal Deputy Administrator
- Marvin Adams, Ph.D., NNSA Deputy Administrator for Defense Programs
- Corey Hinderstein, NNSA Deputy Administrator for Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation
- Ahmad Al-Daouk, NNSA Associate Administrator for the Office of Environment, Safety, and Health
- Kimberly S. Budil, Ph.D., Director, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Thomas Mason, Ph.D., Director, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- James S. Peery, Ph.D., Director, Sandia National Laboratories
If you are affiliated with a nationally or regionally recognized or industry-relevant media outlet, or hold an editorial title with a press outlet, register for press credentials with Beth Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org.