Welcome Sign for New Employee

Congratulations on your employment with the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Inspector General! It is our pleasure to welcome you to our team. 

Please take the time to review and complete the enrollment and mandatory forms listed below. The completion of the mandatory forms may vary depending upon your occupational series and grade. To determine which forms you are required to complete, please refer back to your Welcome Letter Checklist. If you experience any difficulty completing these forms, or require additional information, please contact your Human Resource Specialist identified in your Welcome Letter or call 202-586-5013.

Please review, complete, and return the following documents to your HR Specialist immediately:

Declaration for Federal Employment
Security Review Processing Form

What to Bring on Your First Day:

Employment Eligibility Verification I-9
Employee Information Form
Statement of Prior Federal Service
Self-Identification of Disability
Ethnicity and Race Identification
Selective Service Registration
W4, Federal Withholding Tax Form
State Withholding Form
Certification of Non-Residence in the District of Columbia
Direct Deposit Form
Initial and Comprehensive Security Briefing
Benefit Forms: Review and be prepared to discuss during New Employee Orientation. /hc/benefit-forms 

​Miscellaneous Forms

Standards of Ethical Conduct of Employee
Appointment Affidavits
Confidential Financial Disclosure Report
Mobility Agreement for Criminal Investigators
Employee Agreement for Pathways Program
Random Drug Testing Notification

New Employee Information

Prior to your first day with the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Inspector General, it is critical that you review the following information

Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB):  The FEHB Program can help you and your family meet your health care needs.  Federal employees, retirees, and their survivors enjoy the widest selection of health plans in the country.  Use the following link to compare the costs, benefits, and features of the different plans. https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/

Federal Employee Dental/Vision Program (FEDVIP):  Provides supplemental dental and vision benefits to Federal employees, retirees, and their dependents. 
Eligible employees must enroll through BENEFEDS at www.BENEFEDS.com or by telephone at 1-877-888-FEDS (3337), TTY 1-877-889-5680.  The Payroll Office ID to provide when enrolling is 97-381400.

Federal Employee's Group Life Insurance (FEGLI): Most employees are eligible for FEGLI coverage. FEGLI provides group term life insurance. If you are a new Federal employee, you are automatically covered by Basic life insurance and your payroll office deducts premiums from your paycheck unless you waive the coverage. For more information: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/life-insurance

Thrift Savings Plan (TSP): TSP is a defined contribution plan for United States civil service employees and retirees as well as for members of the uniformed services. For more information: https://www.tsp.gov

Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS):  Retirement plan for federal employees entering federal service after January 1, 1987. For more information: https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/fers-information/

Subsidy for Energy Employees Transit (SEET) Program:  All Department of Energy (DOE), NNSA, Office of Science, and OIG employees in the headquarters and Germantown locations are eligible to participate in the SEET Program.  The SEET program provides a subsidy to employees who utilize public transportation to commute to and from their residence of record and official duty station.  Once you have started in your position and have obtained access to Employee Self Service (ESS), you will be able to register for SEET.

Employees Transferring from Another Agency:  If you plan to use leave before your leave record transfers from your previous agency, you should submit your final Earnings and Leave Statement to the timekeeper in your new office. The timekeeper will forward it to Payroll to determine if your leave balance shown can be credited to your leave account at DOE pending receipt of your official leave record.

Employee Resources:  Is a list of resources and services that will help employees get things done at work.  This could be anything from buying lunch, working remotely, learning what an acronym means, or getting office supplies.  Please review the DOE Powerpedia website at https://powerpedia.energy.gov/wiki/Employee_Resources for all available resources.

Military Reservists:  To ensure 15-day military leave credit, please contact your HR Specialist.

Deposit for Military Service:  To receive service credit under the Federal civilian retirement system for military service performed after December 31, 1956, you may fill out the Application to Pay Military Deposit, SF 3108A.  Refer to the instructions on the application.  Return completed application and any supporting documents to your service HR Specialist. https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf3108.pdf

Service Credit Payment: If you are covered by the Federal Retirement System (FERS) and want to pay for civilian service so that you can receive retirement credit for the service, refer to the instructions on form SF 3108.  Return completed form and any supporting documents to your servicing HR Specialist. https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf3108.pdf

Injury Compensation Fact Sheet

DOE Privacy Program Brochure

The following information will help you become familiar with our organization

Strategic Plan Overview
DOE OIG Strategic Plan
Performance Plan
Semianniual Report to Congress
Public reports Issued by the OIG