As part of the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE's) H2@Scale initiative, DOE's Fuel Cell Technologies Office held the Hydrogen and Fuel Cells for Data Center Applications Project Meeting on March 20, 2019, in Seattle, Washington.
The meeting convened relevant research, industry, and government representatives to discuss the status, research and development challenges, and potential that hydrogen and fuel cell technologies have in meeting the power needs of data centers.
- Welcome, Introductions, Opening Remarks, and Workshop Objective, Ned Stetson, DOE
- DOE Fuel Cell Technologies and H2@Scale Overview, Dimitrios Papageorgopoulos, DOE
- Business Case Analysis, Genevieve Saur, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- The Hydrogen Data Center Proof of Concept, Steve Hammond, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- In-Rack Direct DC Powering of Servers with Solid Oxide and Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells, Jack Brouwer, University of California, Irvine