Looking to ENERGIZE Your Career?
The Department of Energy’s Office (DOE) of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) is leading the global clean energy revolution. EERE is searching for enthusiastic, driven and committed professionals. If you are passionate about bringing clean energy investments, new jobs, and new business to communities all over the U.S., join our mission!
To apply for any of our other positions for which we do not have direct hire authority, see what jobs are available right now on our Job Vacancies page. Direct all questions to the contact listed in the announcement. EERE will regularly post new positions to USAjobs, and will share updated links here as well.
- Learn about the benefits of working at EERE
- See what jobs are available right now on our Job Vacancies page.
- If you're a student looking for an internship, read more at the Internships and Fellowships page.Interested in a job in another office of the U.S. Department of Energy? Check out DOE's jobs site.
Sign-Up for EERE Career Opportunities
Ready to energize your career and bring your skills and talents to our clean energy mission? Get the latest news on EERE Career Opportunities delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up today.
Direct Hire Authority
Are you a General Engineer or Physical Scientist interested in working for the Department of Energy’s Office (DOE) of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)? EERE is searching for enthusiastic, driven and committed professionals to fill our vacant positions. DOE has Direct Hire Authority to fill Scientific, Technical, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) positions at the GS-11 through GS-15 grade levels – the two most available within EERE are General Engineers and Physical Scientists. This authority allows us to hire more quickly than the traditional government hiring process. In using this authority, DOE still abides by the Merit System Principles and all Federal and DOE regulations for hiring.
How to Apply Through Direct Hire Authority
Please email us with the following information ONLY:
- Your name
- Contact information
- The position (general engineer or physical scientist) AND the EERE office (Solar, Geothermal, Vehicles, Buildings, etc.) that interests you.
- Attach your resume that provides an overview of your work history and accomplishments as well as your educational background
Information that should NOT be included on your resume or sent via email:
- Your Social Security Number
- Photos of yourself
- Personal information, such as age, gender, religious affiliation, etc.
- Classified or government sensitive information
- Any encryption or digital signatures
If EERE is interested after reviewing your resume, the DOE Human Capital office will contact you to request a transcript demonstrating that your educational background meets the basic eligibility requirements of the position in question or will request documentation from a credential evaluation service for any foreign education or degree if applicable.