You are here
OCTOBER 19 AND 20, 2011 MEETING OF THE ELECTRICITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Date: Wednesday October 19, 2011, 2011 2:00 p.m. - 5:00p.m. EDT
Date: Thursday October 20, 2011, 2011 8:00 a.m. - 4:00p.m. EDT
Location: National Rural Electric Cooperatives Association Conference Center, 4301 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, Virginia.
The Department of Energy's Electricity Advisory Committee held a meeting on Wednesday October 19 and Thursday October 20 at the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association Conference Center, 4301 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, Virginia. Members of the public were invited on a first-come, first served basis (depending on the availability of meeting room space) to listen to the Committee proceedings and to make comments.
Panel Discussion on Microgrids
- SGD&E's Microgrid Activities - Tom Bialek, Chief Engineer, Smart Grid, San Diego Gas & Electric Company
- Microgrids - Robert Lasseter, Emeritus Professor, College of Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- OE Microgrid R&D Initiatives - Merrill Smith, Program Manager, DOE Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy
Panel Discussion on Interconnection-Wide Transmission Planning Processes
- Interconnection-Wide Planning in the Eastern Interconnection - David Whiteley, Eastern Interconnection Planning Collaborative
- WECC Regional Transmission Expansion Planning (RTEP)10 year plan - Brad Nickell, Western Electricity Coordinating Council
- Transmission Planning in the ERCOT Interconnection 2011 - Warren Lasher, Electric Reliability Council of Texas