August 20–23, 2018
Two Rivers Convention Center
Grand Junction, Colorado
The conference provided technical information, education, and networking opportunities for representatives from government agencies, regulatory agencies, political offices, tribal groups, and other stakeholders involved in long-term stewardship (LTS) of remediated sites and facilities. LTS includes activities necessary to protect human health and the environment following cleanup and disposal of radioactive and chemical wastes.
This forum was intended for participants interested in presentations and discussions about LTS issues including:
- Planning for LTS during remediation
- Site transition
- Using technology for successful LTS
- Property management issues
- Institutional controls
- Political and stakeholder perspectives
- Regulatory issues, information management, and accessibility
- Renewable energy initiatives
- International perspective
The entire staff of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Legacy Management would like to thank you for your participation in the 2018 Long-Term Stewardship Conference. Your support and involvement helped make this conference a resounding success.