Ready to implement a UESC project?
FEMP's UESC process guides the way from start to finish.
Utility Rate Considerations and REopt for UESCs
June 27, 2023, 1 p.m. ET
Administered by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP), the Utility Program has fostered collaboration among federal agencies and their serving utilities for more than 25 years.
FEMP's Utility Program helps agencies leverage their utility budgets to meet energy- and water-efficiency, renewable-energy, and energy-resilience objectives, while helping utilities meet the needs of their federal customers.
To help establish and enhance federal agency-utility working relationships, the Utility Program convenes stakeholder meetings to discuss best practices and lessons learned, the state of the industry, and the latest approaches to cost-effective energy management at federal sites.
It also hosts on-site, on-demand, and live online trainings on how to execute utility energy service contract (UESC) projects—a key form of agency-utility partnership—and provides expert technical support in implementing them.
Start a Project
- Learn about federal UESCs.
- Contact the utility team and your federal project executive.
- See the UESC process.
- Learn about project facilitators.
- Consider cybersecurity.
- Read the scope of support document.
- See the list of FEMP’s utility partners.
- View maps of utilities offering UESCs.
- Interested in offering UESCs to your customers? Contact the utility team.
Project in Progress
- Learn about project support for UESC projects.
- Report your project data.
- Learn about UESC performance assurance.