You are here
Funding Opportunities for Colleges and Universities
University Training and Research (UTR) Program: Comprises two long-running university training programs that prepare the next generation of scientists and engineers to meet future energy challenges. The two programs are: the University Coal Research (UCR) program and the Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Other Minority Institutions (HBCU-OMI) program. View current announcement and FOA.
University Turbine Systems Research: Competitively awards university based research and development projects that address and resolve fundamental scientific challenges and applied engineering technology issues associated with advancing the performance and efficiency of combustion turbines fueled with pure hydrogen, hydrogen and natural gas mixtures, and other carbon free hydrogen containing fuels in combined and simple cycle applications. View current FOA.
For Teachers and Parents
Study Guides and Classroom Activities. The Office of Fossil Energy created study guides and classroom activities emphasizing the importance of coal, natural gas, and petroleum to our everyday lives.
- FE Education Resources
- DOE Education Resources
- DOE STEM Rising: Access DOE STEM resources for students, teachers, and workforce on this site and keep in touch with our monthly newsletter or social media.
- DOE's National Science Bowl (DOE Office of Science)
- DOE's Workforce Development for Teachers (DOE Office of Science)
- EIA's energyKIDS page (U.S. Energy Information Administration)
- Energy Explained: Your Guide to Understanding Energy (U.S. Energy Information Administration)