The DOE established a chronic beryllium disease prevention program (CBDPP) to reduce the number of workers currently exposed to beryllium in the course of their work at DOE facilities managed by DOE or its contractors, minimize the levels of, and potential for, exposure to beryllium, and establish medical surveillance requirements to ensure early detection of the disease.
POLICY AND RULEMAKING
- 10 CFR 850, Chronic Beryllium Disease Prevention Program (12/8/1999)
- Amendment to 10 CFR 850 (2/9/2006)
- 10 CFR 850, Request for Information (12/23/2010)
- 10 CFR 850, Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (signed 6/7/2016)
- Economic Assessment for the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for 10 CFR 850 (1/2016)
- Correction – Addresses for the Richland, WA and Las Vegas, NV public hearings (6/14/2016)
- Transfer of Office Function (1/30/2015)
- Clarification of the Reference to OSHA’s Permissible Exposure Limits for Beryllium (11/10/15)
IMPLEMENTATION ASSISTANCE AND TOOLS
- DOE G 440.1-7A, Implementation Guide for use with 10 CFR 850, Chronic Beryllium Disease Prevention Program
- Safety and Health Regulatory and Policy Response Line
- Beryllium-Associated Worker Registry - The goal of the registry is to determine the incidence and prevalence of beryllium sensitization and chronic beryllium disease (CBD).
- Interactive Guide to Working Safely with Beryllium and Beryllium-containing Materials, video, courtesy of Brush Wellman, Inc.
- About Beryllium
- Communicating Health Risks, Working Safely with Beryllium
- Beryllium Lymphocyte Proliferation Testing
- Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act
- Former Worker Medical Screening Program
- Beryllium Health and Safety Committee - The following link is subject to the DOE disclaimer.
OFFICE OF THE GENERAL COUNSEL (GC)
- Interpretation regarding Medical Removal Protection Benefits Pursuant to 10 CFR Part 850, Chronic Beryllium Disease Prevent Program
- Clarification of 10 CFR Part 850.34(g) (May 21, 2002)
- About Beryllium
- Beryllium-Associated Worker Registry
- BeLPT Sensitivity and Specificity
- Chronic Beryllium Disease Prevention Program What's New