The U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) has issued a request for information (RFI) to gather input on the overall technical research, development, and demonstration (RD&D) opportunities in solar manufacturing and hardware product commercialization. This feedback will help SETO support the transformation of new ideas and technologies into marketable products that can be manufactured in the United States.
SETO seeks feedback from industry and other stakeholders on technical RD&D opportunities in solar manufacturing and hardware product commercialization; the effectiveness of the funding opportunity application process; and strategies to increase the diversity of the applicant pool and the entities and groups benefitting from these investments.
This RFI seeks information in four categories:
- Technical opportunities for R&D activities (product development)
- Photovoltaic (PV) building materials and building-integrated PV
- Advanced silicon and cadmium telluride PV module materials and manufacturing processes
- Innovative PV module architectures and emerging materials
- Next-generation power electronics based on silicon carbide and/or planar magnetics
- Technical opportunities for RD&D activities (product development and demonstration)
- Multiuse integrated PV systems
- Demonstration of advanced silicon and cadmium telluride PV module materials and manufacturing processes in high-volume environment
- Opportunities to streamline and accelerate the funding opportunity application process – removing the concept-paper stage
- Opportunities to increase diversity of the applicant pool, entities, and groups that will benefit from the outcomes and outputs of the selected projects
The deadline to email your response to this RFI is November 7, 2021, at 5 p.m. ET. Send your response to firstname.lastname@example.org as a Microsoft Word (.docx) attachment. If the attachment is larger than 25MB, compress, or zip, it to ensure message delivery.
Please provide the following at the beginning of your response:
- Company/institution name
- Company/institution contact
- Contact's address, phone number, and e-mail address
Please identify your answers by responding to a specific question or topic, if applicable.
See all the open funding opportunities from SETO.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay current with the latest SETO news.