The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) supports funding opportunities on photovoltaics, concentrating solar-thermal power, systems integration, technology to market, and soft costs projects. Following an open, competitive solicitation process, these funding opportunities encourage collaborative partnerships among industry, universities, national laboratories, federal, state, and local governments and non-government agencies and advocacy groups. Solicitations may include financial or technical assistance. Learn more about how to apply for a funding opportunity.
To receive notice of new funding opportunities, please subscribe to our email newsletter mailing list.
Open Funding Opportunities
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: SolSmart Program Management – Informational webinar on May 18, 2021, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: FY 2021 Photovoltaics and Concentrating Solar-Thermal Power Funding Program – Full applications due on June 24, 2021, 5:00 p.m. ET
Closed Funding Opportunities - Applications in Review
Other Funding Opportunities
- Solar Energy Innovation Network Round 3 – Informational webinar on May 20, 2021, 1:00 p.m. ET
- American-Made Challenges: Perovskite Startup Prize – Countdown contest applications due on June 30, 2021, 4:00 p.m. ET
- American-Made Challenges: Solar Desalination Prize Round 2 – Innovation ideas due on July 15, 2021
- American-Made Solar Prize Round 4 – Go! winners determined at a Demo Day in September 2021