The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) supports funding opportunities on photovoltaics, concentrating solar-thermal power, systems integration, technology to market, and soft costs projects. Following an open, competitive solicitation process, these funding opportunities encourage collaborative partnerships among industry, universities, national laboratories, federal, state, and local governments and non-government agencies and advocacy groups. Solicitations may include financial or technical assistance. Learn more about how to apply for a funding opportunity.
To receive notice of new funding opportunities, please subscribe to our email newsletter mailing list.
Open Funding Opportunities
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: SolSmart Program Management – Full applications due on August 17, 2021, 5:00 p.m. ET
Closed Funding Opportunities - Applications in Review
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Connected Communities
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: FY 2021 Systems Integration and Hardware Incubator Funding Program
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: FY 2021 Photovoltaics and Concentrating Solar-Thermal Power Funding Program
- American-Made Challenges: Perovskite Startup Prize
- Cadmium Telluride Photovoltaics Accelerator Consortium Solicitation
Other Funding Opportunities
- American-Made Challenges: Perovskite Startup Prize – Countdown Contest submissions due on September 30, 2021, 4:00 p.m. ET
- American-Made Solar Prize Round 4 – Go! winners determined at a Demo Day in September 2021
- American-Made Solar Prize Round 5 – Ready! Contest submissions due on October 5, 2021, 5:00 p.m. ET
- American-Made Challenges: Solar Desalination Prize Round 2 – Teaming Contest submissions due on February 9, 2022