The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) supports funding opportunities on photovoltaics, concentrating solar-thermal power, systems integration, technology to market, and soft costs projects. Following an open, competitive solicitation process, these funding opportunities encourage collaborative partnerships among industry, universities, national laboratories, federal, state, and local governments and non-government agencies and advocacy groups. Solicitations may include financial or technical assistance. Learn more about how to apply for a funding opportunity.
To receive notice of new funding opportunities, please subscribe to our email newsletter mailing list.
Open Funding Opportunities
- Foundational Agrivoltaic Research for Megawatt Scale (FARMS) – Full applications due Aug. 30, 2022 at 5 p.m. ET
- Solar and Wind Grid Services and Reliability Demonstration – Mandatory concept papers due Sept. 1, 2022 at 5 p.m. ET
- Advancing Equity Through Workforce Partnerships – Letters of intent due Sept. 13, 2022 at 5 p.m. ET
- Fiscal Year 2022 Solar Manufacturing Incubator Funding Opportunity – Mandatory letter of intent due Sept. 16, 2022 at 5 p.m. ET
- Fiscal Year 2022 Photovoltaics Research and Development (PVRD) – Full applications due Oct. 15, 2022 at 5 p.m. ET
Closed Funding Opportunities – Applications in Review
- Cadmium Telluride Photovoltaics Accelerator Consortium Solicitation
- Concentrating Solar Thermal Power Fiscal Year 2022 Research, Development, and Demonstration Program
- Deploying Solar with Wildlife and Ecosystem Services Benefits (SolWEB)
- Renewables Advancing Community Energy Resilience (RACER)
- Energyshed: Exploring Place-Based Generation
- Request for Information: Challenges and Opportunities for Vehicle Photovoltaics – Responses due Aug. 22, 2022
- American-Made Inclusive Solar Outreach Awards – Winners announced Aug. 25, 2022
- Request for Information: Low-Income Community Solar Subscription Platform – Responses due Sep. 16, 2022
- American-Made Solar Prize Round 6 – Sign up to compete by Oct. 6, 2022
- The Sunny Awards for Equitable Community Solar – Applications due Oct. 7, 2022
- American-Made Challenges: Solar Desalination Prize Round 2 – Design Contest and Test Contest open through Apr. 2025
To make the sign-in process more secure, the EERE Funding Opportunity Exchange (eXCHANGE) will soon be updated to integrate with Login.gov—a secure service used by the public to sign into participating government agencies. Beginning August 5*, all potential applicants and reviewers will need to have a Login.gov account to access eXCHANGE and apply to open opportunities. For more important information about this change, please read the MFA Quick Guide.
*Date is tentative and subject to change.