The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) supports funding opportunities on photovoltaics, concentrating solar power, systems integration, technology to market, and soft costs projects. Following an open, competitive solicitation process, these funding opportunities encourage collaborative partnerships among industry, universities, national laboratories, federal, state, and local governments and non-government agencies and advocacy groups. Solicitations may include financial or technical assistance. Learn more about how to apply for a funding opportunity.
To receive notice of new funding opportunities, please subscribe to our email newsletter mailing list.
Open Funding Opportunities
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Solar Energy Technologies Office Fiscal Year 2020 Funding Program – Full applications due June 18, 2020
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Education Materials for Professional Organizations Working on Efficiency and Renewable Energy Developments (EMPOWERED) – Full applications due July 8, 2020
Closed Funding Opportunities - Applications in Review
- None currently
Other Funding Opportunities
- American-Made Solar Prize Round 3 – Set! Contest winners will be announced and Go! Contest will begin July 9, 2020
- American-Made Challenges: Solar Desalination Prize – Innovation submissions due July 16, 2020
- American-Made Solar Prize Round 2 – Go! Contest demo day will be held August 27, 2020
Learn more about related funding opportunities outside of the solar office.