The Federal Energy Management Program’s (FEMP) Federal Investment Highlights fact sheet series outlines the benefits and impacts resulting from improvements to federal agency energy and water infrastructure in 46 states.
Each fact sheet is divided into three sections:
- Top Three Federal Employers: This section presents the three largest federal civilian employers within the state.
- Public-Private Partnership Efficiency Impacts: This section summarizes the impacts of private investments in energy, water, and renewable projects within the state and focuses on private investments through one of two mechanisms:
- Private investment such as energy savings performance contracts and utility energy service contracts
- Direct obligation federal investments.
- Local Project Examples: This section highlights key projects illustrating energy, water, and renewable energy impacts and represents project savings from both federal and private investments. For additional examples of local projects, see FEMP's case studies map.