Annual reports on federal energy management respond to section 548 of the National Energy Conservation Policy Act (NECPA, Pub. L. No. 95‐619), as amended, and provide information on energy consumption in federal buildings, operations, and vehicles. Compiled by the Federal Energy Management Program, these reports document activities conducted by federal agencies under the:
- Energy management and energy consumption requirements of section 543 of NECPA, as amended (42 U.S.C. § 8253)
- Energy savings performance contract authority of section 801 of NECPA, Pub. L. No. 95‐619, as amended (42 U.S.C. §§ 8287‐8287d)
- Renewable energy purchase goal of section 203 of the Energy Policy Act (EPAct) of 2005, Pub. L. No. 109‐58 (codified at 42 U.S.C. § 15852)
- Federal building performance standard requirements under Section 109 of EPAct 2005, Pub. L. No. 109‐58 (codified at 42 U.S.C. § 6834(a))
- Requirements on the procurement and identification of energy efficient products under section 161 of EPAct 1992, Pub. L. No. 102‐486 (codified at 42 U.S.C. § 8262g)
- Section 527 of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA), Pub. L. No. 110‐140, (42 U.S.C. § 17143)
- Executive Orders pertaining to resource efficiency and sustainability operations if effect during the reporting periods of the reports.
For more information about these reports, contact Chris Tremper at 202-586-7632.