Colleagues, Friends, and Innovators,
If there is anything the past couple weeks has taught us, it’s that human beings are remarkably adaptable in times of crisis. Around the nation and the world, stories of incredible human acts have emerged, reminding us that it’s the work of an innovative society as a whole to address this threat to our health and economy.
On March 27, President Trump signed into law the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), which provides critical support to American workers, businesses, and the engines of our economy.
In pursuit of OTT’s mission to stimulate and grow the U.S. innovation ecosystem countrywide, we feel it is important to share with you, our stakeholders, some of the support available within this landmark package.
We also want to take this opportunity to ask for your (non-proprietary) ideas for how OTT and the Department at large can help you maximize your talent, workforce, and ingenuity in the face of this crisis. If you would like to share such information, contact us at OTT@hq.doe.gov with your thoughts on how we can drive our mission to maximize the impact of Energy’s vast research capabilities, technology, and facilities.
U.S. Small Business Administration Programs
- Visit FEMA’s coronavirus page for opportunities to support crisis response efforts.
- Visit the U.S. Department of Energy’s Coronavirus Hub for the latest news and resources from DOE.
- Visit SBA’s page for details regarding various SBIR/STTR programs across government.
- More: NIH, NSF, USDA, NIFA, NASA SBIR/STTR, DoD Air Force, USPTO
Opportunities for Innovators Addressing COVID-19
- BARDA partnerships page
- NSF Request for SBIR/STTR Phase I Proposals Addressing COVID-19
- NSF RAPID funding mechanism for existing funding opportunities
- NIAID, & NIGMS Urgent Award mechanism to expand scope of currently active awards
- CDC BAA for applied research to address the coronavirus (COVID-19) emerging public health emergency
Resources Outside Government
Please note these sites have not been vetted or endorsed by OTT or the Department of Energy.
- Harvard Business Review: Lead Your Business Through the Coronavirus Crisis
- BIO: Coronavirus Business Resource Center
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 resources
- Center for American Entrepreneurship (CAE) policy responses
- National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) COVID-19 resources
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) COVID-19 resources
- SSTI: Resources for small business in dealing with COVID-19
- COVID-19 Open Research Dataset (CORD-19)
OTT will keep a close eye on negotiations for further relief efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic, and we hope to remain a resource, conduit, and proponent for the great assets of our National Labs.
If you know someone who would benefit from receiving this message and subsequent OTT information and communications, please feel free to forward it. If you would like your name added to or removed from this distribution list, please contact Kyle Wiley at email@example.com.
The OTT Team
U.S. Department of Energy