WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, U.S. Secretary of Energy Rick Perry announced the first members of his Secretary of Energy Advisory Board (SEAB). Today’s announcement is the first of multiple installments of the board.
The SEAB has historically provided advice and recommendations to the Secretary of Energy on the priorities for the Department of Energy including: promoting America’s energy security, spurring innovation, reducing regulatory burden, restoring the nuclear security enterprise and enhancing national security through the military application of nuclear science and any other activities and operations of the Department of Energy as the Secretary may direct. Details on the first meeting of the SEAB will be forthcoming.
Secretary Perry’s SEAB will include the following individuals:
- Norman R. Augustine, Retired Chairman and CEO, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- David H. Dewhurst, Co-founder, Chairman & CEO Falcon Seaboard
- Vicki Hollub, President & CEO, Occidental Petroleum
- David Lockwood, Former Chairman & CEO, Energy Solutions, Inc.
- Richard W. Mies, Admiral U.S. Navy (Ret.)
- Pedro J. Pizarro, President & CEO, Edison International
- Dr. Samantha Ravich, Chair of the Center on Cyber and Technology Innovation at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Dr. Daniel Yergin, Vice Chairman, IHS Markit
Ms. Hollub and Admiral Mies will serve as Chair and Vice Chair of SEAB, respectively. Learn more about the Secretary of Energy’s Advisory Board members.