The Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED) was established in December 2021 as part of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to accelerate clean energy technologies from the lab to market and fill a critical innovation gap on the path to achieving our nation’s climate goals of net zero emissions by 2050.
OCED’s mission is to deliver clean energy demonstration projects at scale in partnership with the private sector to accelerate deployment, market adoption, and the equitable transition to a decarbonized energy system.
To achieve this mission, OCED has a clear mandate:
OCED is a multi-technology office with demonstrations that include clean hydrogen, carbon management, advanced nuclear reactors, long-duration energy storage, industrial decarbonization, demonstrations in rural areas and on current and former mine land, and more.
With a clear role in commercializing critical clean energy technologies, OCED fills the gap between the research, development, and early-stage demonstration projects including those within DOE technology offices and initial deployments supported by the private sector and/or other DOE programs, such as the Loan Programs Office.
OCED is currently hiring employees from all backgrounds across America to help tackle the climate crisis, create good-paying American jobs, support a just energy transition, and spur economic growth.
OCED Project Portfolio
- Advanced Reactor Demonstration Projects ($2.5 billion)
- Carbon Capture Large-Scale Pilot Projects ($937 million)
- Carbon Capture Demonstration Projects Program ($2.5 billion)
- Clean Energy Demonstration Program on Current and Former Mine Land ($500 million)
- Energy Improvements in Rural or Remote Areas ($1 billion)
- Industrial Demonstrations Program ($6.3 billion)
- Long-Duration Energy Storage Demonstrations ($505 million)
- Regional Clean Hydrogen Hubs ($8 billion)
- Regional Direct Air Capture Hubs ($3.5 billion)
OCED is looking for talented individuals to join the team to help deliver on this important mission.
Subscribe and stay up-to-date on all upcoming funding opportunities, news announcements, upcoming events, and more.