The Four Regional Direct Air Capture Hubs is designed to establish a program under which the Secretary shall provide funding for eligible projects that contribute to the development of four regional direct air capture hubs.
Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations
Grant, Cooperative Agreement, or Other
Technology Developers, Industry, Utilities, Universities, National Laboratories, Engineering and Construction firms, State and Local Governments, Tribal, Environmental Groups, and Community Based Organizations.
Period of Availability:
$700,000,000 annually for the period of fiscal years 2022 through 2026 (to remain available until expended)
A regional direct air capture hub that:
- Facilitates the deployment of direct air capture projects;
- Has the capacity to capture and sequester, utilize, or sequester and utilize at least 1,000,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere annually from a single unit or multiple interconnected units;
- Demonstrates the capture, processing, delivery, and sequestration or end-use of captured carbon; and
- Could be developed into a regional or interregional carbon network to facilitate sequestration or carbon utilization.
- Download the Funding Opportunity Announcement
- Read the Press Release
- Review the Community Benefits Guidance Plan
- Download the Notice of Intent
- Regional Direct Air Capture Hubs Funding Opportunity Announcement. Letters of Intent are due by February 17, 2023. Full applications are due by March 13, 2023.