Welcome to the Division of Natural Gas Regulation Electronic Filing System. The Import/Export Office regulates the import and export of natural gas under section 3 of the Natural Gas Act and 10 C.F.R. 590.202.7(c). This online system is currently available for short-term, "blanket" applications to import and export natural gas from and to Canada and Mexico and to import liquefied natural gas (LNG).
- New Portal - Registration Required (Applications; Name Change and Various Documents)
- E-Filing Instructions (Current system, will be phased out at some point)
- Go Directly to the E-Filing Form (No registration required.)
- View a Sample E-Filing Application
- Filing Fee Options (including electronic payments)
There is presently no provision for submitting long-term applications or multiple company applications electronically. Click here for more information about the requirements for long-term authorizations.
- Blanket Authorizations are issued for a period of two years.
- There is a filing fee of $50.00 for each application.
- Applications for blanket authorizations may be submitted through a DOE online application system.
- First-time applicants must also include a signed paper copy of their opinion of counsel which will be available once you have submitted your application. If renewing your application with the same name and company associates you will not have to submit new opinion of counsel.
- OMB Control Number for Applications and Related Filings: 1901-0294 Current Expiration Date: 09/30/2023
Exporting Liquefied Natural Gas - Click here for information.
Need Help? Click here for a list of staff contacts.