Office: Carbon Management
FOA number: DE-FOA-0002610
Download the full FOA: FedConnect
On January 30, 2023, the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management (FECM) announced $93 million in 11 projects awarded under the “CarbonSAFE: Phase II - Storage Complex Feasibility” funding opportunity that will improve procedures to safely, efficiently, and affordably assess onshore and offshore carbon dioxide project sites within a storage complex at a commercial scale. Projects will focus on developing geologic storage sites with potential to cumulatively store 50 or more million metric tons of carbon dioxide.
- Advanced Resources International Inc.
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
- Gas Technology Institute
- Port of Corpus Christi Authority
- Southern States Energy Board
- University of North Dakota
- University of Utah
- University of Wyoming
A detailed list of the selected projects can be found here.
- Download the full funding opportunity on FedConnect.
- All applicants must register and apply on Grants.gov and submit questions through FedConnect
- Sign up for the Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management’s (FECM) email list to get notified of new FECM funding opportunities and to stay current with our latest news.