Office: Carbon Management
FOA number: DE-FOA-0002610
Download the full FOA: FedConnect
On January 30, 2023, the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management (FECM) announced $93 million in 11 projects awarded under the “CarbonSAFE: Phase II - Storage Complex Feasibility” funding opportunity that will improve procedures to safely, efficiently, and affordably assess onshore and offshore carbon dioxide project sites within a storage complex at a commercial scale. Projects will focus on developing geologic storage sites with potential to cumulatively store 50 or more million metric tons of carbon dioxide.
- Advanced Resources International Inc.
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
- Gas Technology Institute
- Port of Corpus Christi Authority
- Southern States Energy Board
- University of North Dakota
- University of Utah
- University of Wyoming
A detailed list of the selected projects can be found here.
- Download the full funding opportunity on FedConnect.
- All applicants must register and apply on Grants.gov and submit questions through FedConnect
Sign up to get notified of new FECM funding opportunities and to stay current with our latest news.
Last Updated: January 30, 2023