The Office of Fossil Energy gives notice of receipt of an application filed on May 13, 2014, by Venture Global LNG, LLC (VGP) requesting long-term, multi-contract authority to export (in addition to the volumes proposed in Docket 13-69-LNG) domestically produced LNG of up to five million (5,000,000) metric tons per annum (equivalent to approximately 243.6 Bcf of natural gas per year) for a period of 25 years commencing on the earlier of the date of first export or seven years from the date the requested authorization is granted by DOE/FE . Venture Global requests the issuance of separate orders authorizing these exports to any country which has, or in the future develops, the capacity to import LNG via ocean-going carriers and with which the U.S. has, or in the future enters into, an FTA requiring the national treatment for trade in natural gas or is otherwise deemed by the United States as being treated as an FTA nation, and to any country with the capacity to import LNG via ocean-going carriers and with which the United States does not have such an FTA but with which trade is not prohibited by United States law or policy.
DOE will consider one or more of the following studies examining the cumulative impacts of exporting domestically produced LNG:
- Effect of Increased Levels of Liquefied Natural Gas on U.S. Energy Markets, conducted by the U.S. Energy Information Administration upon DOE’s request (2014 EIA LNG Export Study);
- The Macroeconomic Impact of Increasing U.S. LNG Exports, conducted jointly by the Center for Energy Studies at Rice University’s Baker Institute for Public Policy and Oxford Economics, on behalf of DOE (2015 LNG Export Study); and
- Macroeconomic Outcomes of Market Determined Levels of U.S. LNG Exports, conducted by NERA Economic Consulting on behalf of DOE (2018 LNG Export Study)
Additionally, DOE will consider the following environmental documents:
- Addendum to Environmental Review Documents Concerning Exports of Natural Gas From the United States, 79 FR 48132 (Aug. 15, 2014) and
- Life Cycle Greenhouse Gas Perspective on Exporting Liquefied Natural Gas from the United States, 79 FR 32260 (June 4, 2014).