EM values the commitment and service of military veterans and their families. The greater DOE has a long history of engaging veterans and hiring service members into compelling energy jobs in environmental cleanup, engineering, sciences, communications, cybersecurity and protective force. There are a variety of veterans programs here that DOE participates in to assist transitioning service members, veterans, disabled veterans, and military spouses.
Veterans make up just over a quarter of the 1,132-member federal EM workforce. Of the 24,162 total contractors, 11.94 percent are EM veterans, or 2,884 total, according to September 2022 data. This shows the strength of the Department’s mission to advance organizational best practices for promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
To celebrate Veterans Day this year, EM is highlighting former service members who have joined EM on their journey in civilian work-life!
- Thomas D. Bachtell - Moab
- So Yon Bedlington - Hanford
- Stephen Bousquet - West Valley Demonstration Project
- Stephen Clutter - Headquarters
- Jim Daffron - Oak Ridge
- Charles Koss - Savannah River Site
- Eric Larsen - Idaho
- Josh Mengers - Energy Technology Engineering Center (ETEC)
- Christopher Pulskamp - Moab
- Bill Wilborn - Nevada National Security Site