WASHINGTON, D.C. – Rep. Mike Simpson (R-Idaho) is the latest speaker confirmed to participate in the 2018 National Cleanup Workshop, to be held Sept. 11-13 at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center in Alexandria, Virginia.
Simpson, who chairs the House Energy & Water Development Appropriations Subcommittee, joins DOE officials, industry executives, and state and local representatives participating in this year’s workshop.
- Rep. Chuck Fleischmann (R-Tenn.), chair of House Nuclear Cleanup Caucus;
- Anne White, EM Assistant Secretary;
- Melissa Burnison, Assistant Secretary for Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs;
- Edward McGinnis, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Energy;
- Mark Gilbertson, EM Associate Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Regulatory and Policy Affairs;
- Ken Picha, EM Acting Associate Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Field Operations.
Early-bird registration for general attendees is open through July 20, 2018. Registration deadlines for the early-bird rate do not apply to DOE-approved attendees.
The workshop will bring together senior DOE executives and site officials, industry executives, and other stakeholders to discuss EM’s progress on the cleanup of the environmental legacy of the nation’s Manhattan Project and Cold War nuclear weapons program.