WASHINGTON, D.C. – Assistant Secretary of Energy for Environmental Management Anne White leads a group of senior U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), industry, and local representatives participating in the 2018 National Cleanup Workshop, set to be held Sept. 11-13 in Alexandria, Va.
Other confirmed DOE speakers include:
- Angela Watmore, Acting Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor, DOE-EM
- Norbert Doyle, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition and Project Management, DOE-EM
- Mike Budney, Manager, DOE Savannah River Operations Office
- Robert Edwards, Manager, DOE Portsmouth/Paducah Project Office
- Doug Hintze, Manager, DOE-EM Los Alamos Field Office
- Jay Mullis, Manager, DOE Oak Ridge Office of Environmental Management
- Doug Shoop, Manager, DOE Richland Operations Office
- Todd Shrader, Manager, DOE Carlsbad Field Office
- Brian Vance, Manager, DOE Office of River Protection
- Jack Zimmerman, Deputy Manager for the Idaho Cleanup Project, DOE Idaho Operations Office
- Jim McConnell, Associate Administrator for Safety, Infrastructure, and Operations, National Nuclear Security Administration
- Candice Robertson, Chief Human Capital Officer, DOE
- Ty Blackford, President, CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Co. (CHPRC)
- Bruce Covert, President and Project Manager, Nuclear Waste Partnership
- Cathy Hickey, President, Westinghouse Government Services
- Tom Jouvanis, President, Atkins Nuclear Solutions
- Michael Lempke, President, Nuclear and Environmental Group, Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Stuart MacVean, President, SRNS, LLC
- Greg Meyer, Senior Vice President, Operations, FLUOR
- Billy Morrison, President and CEO, VNS Federal Services
- Liz Porter, Senior Vice President, Federal Energy and Environment, Leidos
- Brian Reilly, Project Manager, Bechtel, WTP
- Ken Reuter, President, UCOR
- James Taylor, PVP and General Manager of NS&E, Bechtel
- Karen Wiemelt, Senior Vice President and General Manager, North American Nuclear, Jacobs
- County Executive Ron Woody, Roane County, TN
- Councilmember Steve Young, City of Kennewick, WA
- Rick McLeod, President/CEO, Savannah River Site Community Reuse Organization
The National Cleanup Workshop is hosted by the Energy Communities Alliance, and cooperating organizations include the DOE’s Office of Environmental Management and the Energy Facility Contractors Group.
The annual event brings together DOE executives and site officials, industry leaders, national and local elected officials, and other stakeholders to discuss DOE's progress on the cleanup of the environmental legacy of the nation's Manhattan Project and Cold War nuclear weapons program.
For more information on the workshop, including a preliminary agenda and registration information, click here.