The Wind Energy Technologies Office (WETO) Peer Review Report summarizes the findings from a 2017 peer review held in Arlington, Virginia, with nearly 300 representatives from our national laboratories, academic institutions, and other stakeholders.
The review evaluated projects funded by the U.S. Department of Energy from fiscal year 2014 through fiscal year 2016 for their contribution to the mission and goals of the office, assessed progress against stated objectives, and appraised WETO’s overall management and performance.
Peer Review Meeting Materials
- Program Guide for Wind Energy Technologies Office and Water Power Technologies Office Project Peer Review
- Agenda for Wind Energy Technologies Office Project Peer Review
- Analysis and Modeling
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Grid Systems Planning and Operation
- Siting, Radar, and Environmental Impacts
- Innovation, Manufacturing, Reliability, and Testing
- Atmosphere to Electrons
- Distributed Wind Research, Development, and Testing
- Offshore Wind Unique Research, Development, and Testing
Peer Review Report
The Peer Review Report includes feedback on the office’s initiatives and investments across the nation. The report has been divided into two sections:
- Volume I includes sections 1–5 of the report: the executive summary, synopses of the program- and project-level evaluation results, and WETO’s response to the 2017 Peer Review findings.
- Volume II includes sections 6 and 7—the complete program-level and project-level evaluation results—as well as the report appendices.