To help streamline the federal on-site renewable power purchase agreement (PPA) process, the Federal Energy Management Program works with agencies and partners to assemble sample documents from completed PPA projects. See these sample documents for examples of requests for proposals (RFPs), land use agreements, and more.
Requests for Proposal Samples
- Resilient Power for Camp Roberts and U.S. Army Signal Activity-Camp Roberts, California: RFP issued by the U.S. government soliciting a firm-fixed price contract for a period not to exceed 30 years under 10 U.S.C § 2922a for the construction, provision, operation, management, maintenance, and eventual removal of an energy production facility.
- Photovoltaics at the Department of Energy's (DOE) Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory: PPA RFP issued by DLA Energy on behalf of Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
- General Services Administration Photovoltaics Project in Sacramento, California: RFP issued for the General Services Administration PV PPA project.
Land Use Agreement Samples
- Photovoltaics at DOE's National Renewable Energy Laboratory License: License document issued for the National Renewable Energy Laboratory Science and Technology Facility (STF) roof-top PV power purchase agreement.
- U.S. Army Fort Carson Photovoltaics Project Lease: Project lease issued for the Fort Carson PV PPA.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Enhanced Use Lease: Enhanced use lease with Florida Power and Light (FP&L) for a 10 megawatt FP&L-owned PV array and a 950 kW NASA-owned PV array.
Other Sample Documents
- GovEnergy 2008 Session Presentation on Power Purchase Agreements: Power purchase agreement overview presentation given at GovEnergy 2008, which includes several case studies and considerations for federal agencies.
- U.S. Army Fort Carson Interconnection Agreement: Sample interconnection agreement for the U.S. Army Fort Carson PV project funded through a PPA.
- U.S. Army Fort Carson Environmental Document: Sample environmental planning document for the U.S. Army Fort Carson PV project funded through a PPA.
- EPA Solar PPA Overview: Online resource outlining solar power purchase agreements as part of the EPA's Green Power Partnership.
- EPA Webinar on Solar PPAs: Webinar audio and presentation files offered by the EPA's Green Power Partnership covering solar PPA projects.
- Western Area Power Administration Interagency Agreement: Federal agencies can contact Randy Manion, 720-962-7423, for a copy.