The U.S. Department of Energy Bioenergy Technologies Office’s Algae Technology Educational Consortium (ATEC) held an informative webinar on May 20, 2021. Ira Levine, professor at the University of Southern Maine and president and board chair of the Algae Foundation, provided a comprehensive overview of ATEC and its impact on developing novel educational programs to strengthen algal industry workforce capabilities. Topics covered during this webinar included:
- ATEC program overview
- Establishment of K–12 STEM educational opportunities
- Training platforms for future algae famers, biotechnicians, and entrepreneurs
- Educational collaborations with national organizations
- Partnerships with federal agencies
- Future gamification of algae curriculum.