As the demand for air transportation continues to increase, adding to the climate crisis, increasing research and development of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) provides a critical step towards lowering the U.S. carbon footprint while allowing our economy and way of life to thrive.
The Biden-Harris Administration launched the SAF Grand Challenge with the goal of a 50% reduction in life cycle aviation greenhouse gas emissions compared to conventional fuel, as well as supplying sufficient SAF to meet 100% of aviation fuel demand by 2050.
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) is hard at work making progress on every aspect of these ambitious goals.
To provide updates to the public on progress towards the SAF Grand Challenge goals, BETO is hosting a public webinar on February 22, 2023, at 2:30 pm ET. During the webinar, the following BETO speakers will present updates on the six actions areas outlined in the Roadmap that support the Grand Challenge goals:
- Dr. Valerie Reed: Director – Program Overview
- Zia Haq: Senior Analyst – SAF Overview and Enabling End Use, Policy and Valuation Analysis
- Dr. Art Wiselogel: ORISE Fellow – Feedstock Innovation
- Dr. Ian Rowe: Technology Manager, Conversion R&D – Conversion Innovation
- Dr. Mark Shmorhun: Technology Manager, Systems, Development, and Integration – Building Regional SAF Supply Chains
- Sheila Dillard: Communications Lead – Communicating Progress and Building Support
Webinar attendees from the public may submit questions prior to the event, no later than February 17, 2023, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A selection of questions will be answered by presenters during the webinar’s live Q&A session.
Please register for the Webex-hosted webinar today!