The Department of Energy has an accomplished history in these efforts – of reaching to, and beyond the horizon...in many ways, DOE actually stands for the Department of Exploration.
Virtual Roundtable Discussion
DOE held a virtual roundtable Department of Exploration! Because You Can’t Get to Space without the U.S. Department of Energy on September 10th, 2020.
This event highlighted how DOE cooperates with NASA and the National Space Council to support the President’s Space Policy and to understand how cutting-edge DOE and National Labs research is an essential part of space travel and exploration.
- Secretary of Energy Dan Brouillette
- DOE Under Secretary for Science Paul Dabbar
Award-winning science writer and space reporter, Alan Boyle from GeekWire led a roundtable discussion with space experts:
- Tracey Bishop, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Infrastructure Programs, DOE Office of Nuclear Energy
- Dr. Kevin Greenaugh, Assistant Deputy Administrator for Strategic Partnership Programs, NNSA
- Dr. Ralph McNutt, Chief Scientist, Space Department, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- Dr. Ben Reinke, Executive Director, DOE Office of Strategic Planning and Policy
- Eric Stallmer, President, Commercial Spaceflight Federation
- Former Congressman Bob Walker, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, moonWalker Associates
Department of Exploration Articles
America is on the verge of a new era of space exploration, and America’s leadership in the space domain will be due to its courage to go and its conviction to stay. DOE, by many measures the “Department of Exploration,” is proud to be playing an essential part in rising to these challenges.