Statement from Secretary Brouillette
“Tonight, President Trump announced further strong and decisive actions to protect Americans from the impacts of the Coronavirus. Under the President’s leadership, this Administration has deployed an unprecedented whole of government effort to ensure the health and safety of the American people. The Department of Energy and its National Laboratories stand ready to continue supporting these efforts. I remain optimistic that our people and economy are resilient and America will bounce back stronger than ever.”
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Restricting Travel from Impacted Areas to Curb the Spread of Coronavirus
- Restricting travel to the United States from foreign nationals who have recently been in certain European countries.
- Restriction only applies to the movement of human beings, not goods or cargo.
- The restriction applies to foreign nationals who have been in the Schengen Area, 26 countries in Europe with open borders agreements, in the last 14 days.
- Those who are exempt from these restrictions, such as American citizens, will be directed to a limited number of airports where screening can take place.
- There is extensive travel back and forth between Europe that heightens the risk here in the United States.
Schengen Area – Countries with Restrictions