Do you know a female Middle or High School STEM teacher in the Boston area? The U.S. Department of Energy would like to welcome teachers to apply to participate in the second annual C3E science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) teachers’ workshop on November 17 at the Museum of Science.
This hands-on and interactive workshop will focus on clean energy and provide each teacher with a hands-on training experience from MIT, Museum of Science, KidWind, and the Department of Energy, and provide networking opportunities on best practices for teaching a clean energy curriculum. Training will be limited to 30 participants. A certificate for Professional Development hours will be provided by the Museum of Science.
Apply here by Wednesday, November 9, 2017.
Date: November 17, 2017
Location: Museum of Science, Boston, Massachusetts
Cost: None. This will be a free event for accepted applicants.
To be considered, you must be able to attend the full workshop on November 17, 2017 at the Museum of Science in Boston. A travel and/or substitute stipend may be made available based on need, although funds are limited. Requirements:
- Female teacher of STEM at the middle school and/or secondary level
- Travel costs (limited number of travel stipends may be available)
- Your acknowledgement that you have received permission from your administrator to attend if chosen
- English language speaker
- Submit application by November 9, 2017
Timeline of Key Dates
- Submission deadline – November 9, 2017
- Notification of acceptance to workshop – on a rolling basis
- C3E Teacher Training at the Museum of Science in Boston, MA – November 17, 2017
Download the application. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please help us spread the word by posting to your networks on social media. Sample Tweet: Hey#STEM teachers! Female MS and HS teachers wanted for a free @C3E_EnergyWomen@ENERGY Teacher Training on 11/17 at the @museumofscience in Boston. Apply by 11/9: http://bit.ly/2xyJf8P