Due to COVID-19 employees are on telework and have no access to requests sent by regular mail or requests sent by facsimile. We ask that requesters submit FOIA request electronically.
Do you want to submit a Freedom of Information Act request to the Department of Energy?
You have four options:
- Complete and submit your FOIA request electronically by using the electronic FOIA request form.
- Submit your FOIA request via e-mail to FOIA-Central@hq.doe.gov.
- Mail your request to:
FOIA Request Service Center
1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Mail Stop MA-46
Washington, DC 20585
- Send your request by facsimile to (202) 586-0575.
Questions? Call us at (202) 586-5955 or e-mail us at FOIA-Central@hq.doe.gov. We know preparing FOIA requests can be challenging.
Please note: As mentioned above, we are asking that you send your FOIA request using options one or two above. Sending your request either electronically or by e-mail will ensure a faster response time.
Contact the FOIA Request Service Center listed above if:
- You would like to know the date this office received your request.
- You would like to know the estimated completion date of your request.
- You want to submit any additional information related to your request.
Did you submit your FOIA request to a different DOE site or facility than the one listed above? Contact the FOIA Requester Service Center at that location.
Did you submit your request to the address listed above, but your request was transferred to a different DOE site or facility? Contact the FOIA Requester Service Center at that site or facility.
FOIA Resources Navigation
FOIA Reading Room - Links to publications and governmental websites.
Submit a FOIA Request - How to submit a FOIA request to DOE.
FOIA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Information to make a FOIA request.
FOIA Contacts - FOIA Requester Service Centers, Public Liaisons, and Officers.