* July 26, 2021 - The DOE FOIA web pages are under reconstruction and may be temporarily unavailable or incomplete. This is actively being worked on and will be resolved soon.
- FOIA Required Documents
- Final Opinions
- Statements of Policy and Interpretation
- Administrative Staff Manuals and Instructions
- Frequently Requested Documents
- Other Records of Interest
- General Search Indexes
- Health, Safety, and Security
- Open, Declassified Documents
- Other Records
- FOIA Public Reading Rooms
The FOIA requires certain kinds of documents to be made available to the public for inspection and copying. This is a requirement for agencies of the executive branch of the federal government.
The documents that are required to be made available by the FOIA are:
B - DOE Reports
- DOE Corporate Overview - 2012
- 10 CFR Part 63, YMRP, and Yucca Mountain Repository License Application Cross Reference Matrix. (pdf) Note: Primary Reference Documents Disk 1 and Disk 2 files can be received by contacting the DOE FOIA Office.
- Phase 1 Decommissioning Plan for the West Valley Demonstration Project Appendix C – Details of DCGL Development and the Integrated Dose Assessment – Attachment 1. December 5, 2008. (pdf)
- Phase 1 Decommissioning Plan for the West Valley Demonstration Project (including Appendix C, Attachment 1) December 5, 2008. Note: Files can be received by contacting the DOE FOIA Office.
- Phase 1 Decommissioning Plan for the West Valley Demonstration Project, Rev.1, Attachment 2 of Appendix C –Additional References Revision 1 page changes March 17, 2009. (pdf)
C - Final and Draft Environmental Impact Statements
D - Annual Reports
FOIA Reading Room - Links to publications, DOE web pages, and other governmental websites with FOIA related publications.
- FOIA Request Responses - documents detailing DOE responses to FOIA requests.
- FOIA Annual Reports - The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requires all federal agencies to submit an annual report to the attorney general each year. These reports contain detailed statistics on the number of requests received and processed by each agency, the time taken to respond, and the outcome of each request.
- DOE Chief FOIA Officer Reports - The Chief FOIA Officer submits a report to the Department of Justice (DOJ) containing a detailed description of the steps taken by the Department of Energy to improve FOIA compliance and transparency. These reports contain details of FOIA administration at DOE, as well as the steps taken to implement DOJ FOIA Guidelines during each reporting year.
Submit a FOIA Request - Information on how to submit a FOIA request to DOE, via mail, fax, or electronic form.
- FOIA Request Form - An electronic form to submit a FOIA request to DOE (e-FOIA).
FOIA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - This will familiarize readers with the procedures for making a FOIA request to the Department of Energy (DOE) records, and provide the basic information needed to make a FOIA request to the DOE.
FOIA Contacts - FOIA Requester Service Centers, FOIA Public Liaisons, and FOIA Officers.