Due to COVID-19 employees are on telework and have no access to requests sent by regular mail or requests sent by facsimile. We ask that requesters submit FOIA requests electronically.
Do you want to submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to the Department of Energy?
You have come to the right place.
Here is some information you will find useful:
- Submitting a FOIA request
- Frequently Asked Questions
- FOIA Contacts at the Department of Energy
- Documents, already publicly available, that might be what you are looking for
- DOE FOIA Handbook
- What is the Freedom of Information Act?
- FOIA.gov - The FOIA.gov website offers helpful resources about the function of the Freedom of Information Act, how to make requests, and other information and answers about the FOIA process.