Since 2010, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Indian Energy college student internship program has provided 31 Native American undergraduate and graduate students with first-hand experience working on tribal renewable energy projects and direct exposure to issues concerning tribal renewable energy technology use and application. Find details about recent interns and download their research papers.
Learn about previous interns that were sponsored by the DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Tribal Energy Program, a predecessor of the DOE Office of Indian Energy.
More About the Interns
- Sixteen Years of Indian Energy Interns: Where Are They Now?
- Allery, Chief, and Gould: Desire to Give Back Drives Native Student Interns
- Teri Allery - What It’s Like to Be an Indian Energy Intern - Part One
- Brittany Anstead Video: Office of Indian Energy Internship
- Reyna Banteah Article - Environmental Science Student Encouraged to Pursue Personal and Tribal Goals During NREL Tour
- Kimberlynn Cameron Article - Intern Focuses Research on Converting WasteWater to Energy
- Kimberlynn Cameron Video: Office of Indian Energy Internship
- Chelsea Chee Article - Former Office of Indian Energy Intern Recognized with National Award
- Rachael Gutierrez - DOE Student Intern Applies an Asset-Based Framework to Tribal Energy Planning
- Katie Hall - What It’s Like to Be an Indian Energy Intern - Part Two
- JoDonna John Video: Office of Indian Energy Internship
- Tommy Jones - “Life-Changing” Internship Leads to a Rewarding Career in Indian Energy
- Tommy Jones Article - DOE Tribal Intern Aims to Address Barriers to Renewable Energy Development
- Meet Our Team - Dr. Tommy Jones's Journey from Intern to Office of Indian Energy Deployment Specialist
- Jeremy Laselute Article - From Theory to Reality - Visit to NREL Heightens Student's Desire to Become an Engineer
- Len Necefer Article - DOE Tribal Intern Focuses on Integrating Energy Policy and Navajo Cultural Values
- Shaun Tsabetsaye Article - STEM Students Aim to Increase Tribal Self-Sufficiency