From 2002 to 2009, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) tribal energy college student internship program was sponsored by the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Tribal Energy Program, a predecessor of the DOE Office of Indian Energy. It provided 18 Native American undergraduate and graduate students with first-hand experience working on tribal renewable energy projects and direct exposure to issues concerning tribal renewable energy technology use and application. Find details about previous interns and download their research papers.
Learn about Recent College Student Interns that were sponsored by the DOE Office of Indian Energy.
College Student Internship Program Highlights, 2002-2009
- 18 undergraduate & graduate interns have participated.
- 10 different tribal affiliations
- 9 different majors
- 28 % of the interns converted to year-round status (5 of 18)
- 17% of the interns hired as FTEs or contractor (3 of 18)
- 56% female interns (10 of 18)
More About the Interns