Find clean energy funding opportunities for American Indian tribes and Alaska Native communities.
This page is updated frequently. Subscribe to the Office of Indian Energy email list for the latest updates about funding, news, and events.
On This Page
Office of Indian Energy Funding Opportunities
The Office of Indian Energy provides financial assistance on a competitive basis to develop and deploy clean energy infrastructure and technology.
|Title and Description||Status||Deadline|
Transitioning Tribal Colleges and Universities to Clean Energy - 2023 (DE-FOA-0002978)
On April 12, 2023, the Office of Indian Energy issued a funding opportunity announcement (FOA) to make $15 million available to Tribal Colleges and Universities for: (1) clean energy project and curriculum planning (Topic Area 1); and (2) clean energy technology and curriculum deployment (Topic Area 2). Awards from this FOA are anticipated to range from $100,000 to $250,000 for planning grants, or from $250,000 to $4 million for deployment grants.
Additional Indian Energy Funding Information
- Indian Energy Funding Opportunity Exchange (Full legal documents and application instructions)
- Tribal Energy Projects Database
- Past Funding Opportunities
- Project Success Stories
- Funding History.
Subscribe to email updates from the Office of Indian Energy.
Get the latest funding opportunities, news, and events.
Other Funding and Opportunities
This table lists current clean energy funding and related opportunities for Indian tribes and tribal entities from the U.S. Department of Energy and other federal agencies and entities.
How to find funding:
- Use the search box, filter by categories and sort the results by clicking the up and down arrows in the column headers.
- Click the green circles to see descriptions of each opportunity and click the title link for more information.
- Find anticipated funding (such as notices of intent) and ongoing opportunities at the bottom of the table.