Impact of Office of Indian Energy Investments in Tribal Energy Projects, 2010–2020
- More than 190 funded tribal energy projects
- Over $100 million in DOE investments
- More than $180 million in total project value
- Over 40 megawatts of new generation installed on tribal lands
- Collective more than $275 million saved over the life of the systems
VIEW ALLWinnebago Tribe of Nebraska Steps Up Its Solar StrategyNew Microgrid Is a Symbol of Resilience for Bad River BandFree-Flowing River Revs Up Resilience of Alaska Native VillageUte Mountain Ute Tribe's Perseverance Pays as Solar Takes Off
Solar savings seed successive projects on path to prosperity.
June 8, 2021Learn more
Bad River Band of Lake Superior Tribe of Chippewa Indians complete the Ishkonige Nawadide Solar Microgrid Project.
May 10, 2021Learn more
The Native Village of Igiugig proves RivGen Hydrokinetic Power System can produce power, survive winter, and coexist with salmon.
December 10, 2020Learn more
DOE awards funding for second solar project after 1-megawatt system goes live.
July 20, 2020Learn more