The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) held its first annual Award Winning Champions Shared Lessons Learned Forum the morning of October 23, 2018, just prior to the 2018 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards ceremony. The event provided an informal discussion forum to facilitate information sharing and networking between the 2018 award winners and FEMP staff.
The forum included grouping winners together at tables with FEMP staff leading and guiding the discussions and allowing equal opportunity for all winners to share their experiences and obtain feedback from others. All participants could ask questions, offer potential solutions, and document salient project and program details, processes, achievements, barriers, recommendations, and lessons learned.
Read more about the 2018 Federal Energy and Water Management Award winners.
A wide range of award-winning participants from across the Career Exceptional Service, Lab and Data Center, Contracting, Project, and Program categories included representatives of the following organizations, which were divided into six groups.
- U.S. Army Fort Drum
- U.S. Army National Training Center Fort Irwin
- U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives National Laboratory Center
- U.S. Department of Energy, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- U.S. Army Office of Energy Initiatives
- U.S. Navy Naval Submarine Base New London
- U.S. Air Force Air National Guard Civil Engineering Technical Services Center
- U.S. Department of Agriculture U.S. Forest Service Region 5
- U.S. Army Garrison Fort Hunter Liggett
- U.S. Army Garrison Presidio of Monterey
- U.S. Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- U.S. Department of Energy National Renewable Energy Laboratory and Sandia National Laboratories
- U.S. Army Tobyhanna Army Depot
- U.S. Navy Naval Air Station Whiting Field
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Institutes of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Army Garrison Presidio of Monterey and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Engineer Research and Development Center
- U.S. Marine Corps Installations Command G4 Transportation Services Directorate
- U.S. Department of Energy Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility
- U.S. Postal Service Washington, D.C., Network Distribution Center
- U.S. Army Rock Island Arsenal Joint Manufacturing and Technology Center
- U.S. Navy Energy Savings Performance Contract Team, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Commander, Navy Installations Command, and Marine Corps Installations Command
- U.S. Department of the Interior Stewart Lee Udall Main Interior Building
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Program Contracting Activity Central
Lessons Learned Summaries
The following lessons learned summaries offer energy- and cost-saving ideas that were implemented by select 2018 Federal Energy and Water Management Award winners.
- U.S. Army Presidio of Monterey, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Engineering Research Laboratory Retro-Commissioning Training Program
- U.S. Department of Energy Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility Data Center Optimization
- U.S. Navy Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Navy Installations Command, and Naval Submarine Base New London
- U.S. Postal Service Washington, D.C., Network Distribution Center Hydrogen Fuel Cell Pilot