AIKEN, S.C. – The Savannah River Site (SRS) management and operations contractor received an overall rating of “excellent” and nearly $45 million — or 96% of the available fee award — for its performance from Aug. 1, 2019 through Nov. 30, 2020.
EM releases information relating to contractor fee payments — earned by completing the work called for in the contracts — to further transparency in its cleanup program.
Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (SRNS) continues to deliver strong operating performance while maintaining high standards for safety, safeguards, and security, according to the fee determination scorecard. During the performance evaluation period, SRNS completed several significant activities:
- Responded to the COVID-19 pandemic by activating the Infectious Disease Response Team; communicated thoroughly and promptly throughout the pandemic; contracted with Augusta University to conduct testing onsite; established a rapid testing facility onsite; instituted a COVID-19 hotline; and tracked employee COVID-19 testing.
- Awarded nearly 80% of its subcontracts to small businesses, exceeding its goal of 55%.
- Provided excellent support to DOE-Savannah River (SR) in communications with Ameresco for steam production and delivery, and Dominion Energy for electrical distribution and adjustments to required maintenance outages to adapt to COVID-19 restrictions while meeting site mission requirements.
- Completed all regulatory milestones and commitments on or ahead of schedule, including 99 Federal Facility Agreement Appendix E and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act permit milestones; management of more than 600 site permits; collection, analysis, and reporting of more than 10,000 environmental samples on- and offsite, including samples of air, water, vegetation, soils, dairy, fish, and wildlife.
- Completed infrastructure upgrades to increase internet bandwidth speeds onsite.
View the SRNS fee determination scorecard here.
To receive the latest news and updates about the Office of Environmental Management, submit your e-mail address.