The objective of ISM is to perform work in a safe and environmentally sound manner. More specifically, as described in DOE P 450.4, Safety Management System Policy: "The Department and Contractors must systematically integrate safety into management and work practices at all levels so that missions are accomplished while protecting the public, the worker, and the environment. This is to be accomplished through effective integration of safety management into all facets of work planning and execution."
Integrated Safety Management provides a platform for active sharing of the ISM-related documents, tools, and processes being utilized across the Department to accomplish the goals of ISM. You'll find archival documents and procedures as well as information on the very latest innovative approaches being undertaken to improve safety management.
- ISM Brochure (Updated* - October 2022)
*Printable version(with color bleed) of the updated ISM brochure is available under the Resources tab.
*Images of Figures available under the Resources tab
- 2011 Independent Review of Nuclear Safety Culture at the Hanford Site Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant Project
- Deputy Secretary Memo regarding Implementation of DOE ISM Manual, January 4, 2007
- Lintgram #59, Ambassador Linton F. Brook, October 30, 2006
- NNSA Activity Level Work Planning & Control Processes, January 2006