EFCOG ISM and QA Working Group Leadership Meeting “Reaching New Heights;” Knoxville, Tennessee; August 25, 2009.
More than 950 people attended the 2009 Integrated Safety Management (ISM) Summit held in Knoxville, Aug. 24–27, 2009. Attendees chose from 10 tracks to attend and received information from 97 technical papers. Track topics included safety culture, employee health and wellness, integrating safety into design, and the safety of work created under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Patricia Worthington, U.S. Department of Energy ISM co-champion, and Frank Russo, NNSA ISM co-champion, were the event hosts. The Summit was hosted by the DOE Oak Ridge Office, NNSA Y-12 Site Office, B&W Y-12 (principal sponsor), Bechtel Jacobs Company, UT-Battelle, Battelle, EnergX, Isotek Systems, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, URS and WSI Oak Ridge.
- Track 1: Safety Culture - Taking ISMS to the Next Level
- Track 2: Worker Engagement
- Track 3: Exposure Hazards
- Track 4: Employee Health and Wellness
- Track 5: Integration of Safety Into Design
- Track 6: Integrating Safety Into Security Operations
- Track 7: Environmental Protection, Environmental Management System (EMS), "Greening Initiatives"
- Track 8: Safety of Work Created Under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
- Track 9: Quality Assurance
- Track 10: Feedback and Improvement