On Tuesday, December 7, the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Water Power Technologies Office (WPTO) will host a webinar on the water power-focused topics and sub-topics in the Fiscal Year 2022 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs.
Announced on November 8, these topics include:
- Cost Saving Innovations for Water Conveyance Systems for Powering Non-Powered Dams.
- Innovative Hydropower Technologies for Low Head (Less Than 30-ft.).
- Innovations Accelerating Pumped Storage Hydropower Deployment.
- Co-development of Marine Energy Technologies with End User Partners (CMET).
In addition, WPTO will co-fund with other DOE offices several crosscutting topics relevant to water power technologies:
- Technology Solutions for Advancing Ocean Co-existence and Co-use with Marine Energy and Communities.
- Development of Cost Effective Subsea Wet-mateable Connector Technologies.
- Community-driven Solutions for a Just and Equitable Energy Transition.
During the webinar, speakers will share highlights on each WPTO topic and sub-topic. No specific technologies or projects will be discussed but questions are welcome. Please submit questions to WaterPowerTechnologiesOffice@ee.doe.gov by December 3.
Registration for the webinar is now available.
Important dates related to this SBIR/STTR funding opportunity include:
- Topics Released: November 8, 2021
- WPTO Webinar on Water Power-related Topics: December 7, 2021
- Funding Opportunity Announcement Issued: December 13, 2021
- Letter of Intent Due Date: January 3, 2022
- Application Due Date: February 22, 2022
- Award Notification Date: May 16, 2022*
- Start of Grant Budget Period: June 27, 2022
*Date subject to change.
More information on the SBIR/STTR funding opportunity, including details on each of the topics and sub-topics, is available on the Office of Science website. Learn more about the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy’s SBIR and STTR Programs.