The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) identified the following eight water-saving technologies that are relevant to the federal sector, are commercially available, and offer opportunities for significant water savings potential.
- Acoustic Leak-Detection Noise Loggers
- Advanced Cooling Tower Controls
- Connectionless Food Steamers
- Multi-Stream Rotational Sprinkler Heads
- On-Site Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Rainwater Harvesting Systems
- Sprinkler Automatic Shut-Off Devices
- Steam Sterilizer Condensate Retrofit Kit
These technology overviews provide agencies with key information to deploy innovative products and systems that may otherwise be overlooked. They also help agencies identify water-efficient technologies for consideration when entering into energy savings performance contracts or utility energy service contracts.