Section 432 of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA 432) requires federal agencies to identify "covered facilities" that constitute at least 75% of their total facility energy use as subject to the requirements of the statute. Each federal agency must designate an energy manager to be responsible for implementing the requirements at each covered facility.
Energy and water evaluations must be performed at each covered facility every four years to identify potential energy and water efficiency and conservation measures. EISA requires agencies to report progress toward these requirements using the Federal Energy Management Program’s (FEMP) EISA 432 Compliance Tracking System including:
- Estimated costs and savings for projects implemented in covered facilities
- Measured savings for implemented projects
- Annual benchmarking information for metered buildings that are, or are part of, EISA-covered facilities.
Ready to report?
Log into the FEMP EISA 432 Compliance Tracking System.
Browse government and agency-specific performance data in the FEMP EISA 432 Compliance Tracking System.
Report and Track Performance
The FEMP EISA 432 Compliance Tracking System allows agencies to report and track their performance of energy and water evaluations, project implementation and follow-up measures, and annual building benchmarking requirements.
The FEMP EISA 432 Compliance Tracking System accepts required reporting on:
- Designation and location of facilities covered by EISA requirements
- Assignment of energy managers
- Energy and water evaluations completed at covered facilities
- Implementation of energy and water efficiency measures, including estimated cost and savings
- Follow-up status on implemented measures, including measured savings and persistence of savings
- Building benchmarking information.
Contact Chris Tremper of the U.S. Department of Energy at 202-586-7632.
The following guidance is available to help agencies meet the EISA 432 facility management and benchmarking requirements.
- Federal Building Energy Use Benchmarking Guidance: Offers guidance about EISA 432 benchmarking of federal facilities.
- Facility Energy Management Guidelines and Criteria for Energy and Water Evaluations in Covered Facilities: Offers guidelines and criteria for meeting EISA 432 requirements, including defining covered facilities, designating facility energy managers to ensure compliance, and conducting comprehensive energy and water evaluations.
- Guidance for the Implementation and Follow-up of Identified Energy and Water Efficiency Measures in Covered Facilities: Offers information on implementing and following up on energy and water efficiency measures identified and undertaken per EISA 432 (42 U.S.C. 8253(f)(4) and (5)). It also gives context for how these activities fit into the comprehensive approach to facility energy and water management.
The following templates are available for EISA 432 CTS data exports and uploads: