The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) held its second annual Award Winning Champions Shared Lessons Learned Forum on October 29, 2019, just prior to the 2019 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards ceremony.
The event provided an informal discussion forum to facilitate information sharing and networking between the 2019 award winners and FEMP staff. Keeping the successful format developed during the pilot year, the forum grouped winners together at tables with FEMP staff who led and guided the discussions to allow equal opportunity for all winners to share their experiences and obtain feedback from others.
A wide range of award winning participants from across the Career Exceptional Service, Lab and Data Center, Contracting, Project, and Program categories included representatives of the following organizations, which were divided into six groups.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Amarillo VA Medical Center
- U.S. Air Force, Air National Guard Vermont
- U. S. Army Garrison—Redstone Arsenal and Tennessee Valley Authority
- U.S. Army Fort Knox
- U.S. Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration’s El Paso Intelligence Center
- U.S. Air Force, Eglin Air Force Base
- U.S. Air Force, Hill Air Force Base
- U.S. Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg
- U.S. Navy, Naval Air Station Corpus Christi
- U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii
- U.S. Navy, Naval Air Station Pensacola
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Las Cruces
- U.S. Air Force, Air National Guard, Civil Engineering Technical Services Center
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), DLA Energy, Installation Energy
- U.S. Navy, Navy Region Hawaii, Pacific Missile Range Facility
- U.S. Army Garrison Fort Buchanan
- U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Quantico Laboratory
- U.S. Air Force Vandenberg Air Force Base
During the discussions, FEMP documented the processes, achievements, barriers, recommendations, and lessons learned. FEMP is currently in the process of selecting and developing winner lessons learned summaries which will be posted soon.
Read more about the 2019 Federal Energy and Water Management Award winners.